Hey Everyone Came into the lab this morning…

Hey Everyone,

Came into the lab this morning to start to set up our next gel. I made up 3 L of TAE 0.5X, incubated 1 Propionibacterium acnes 6919 strain restriction enzyme plug and 1 non restriction enzyme plug in 1X wash buffer and then in 0.5X TAE buffer. I then made up a 1% agarose gel and left it to set. I put the gel and plugs into the fridge and left them until 5pm.

When i came in at 5pm, i cut and loaded 2 samples of Propionibacterium acnes 6919 strain restriction enzyme plug, 1 sample of non restriction enzyme plug and 1 NEB yeast ladder. I sealed the plugs and then ran the gel according to the info recommended on the low range PFG marker ladder, for 15hrs, at 6 V/cm, with a ramped switch interval from 1-12 seconds. I added a second block as the gel is only running for 15hrs, and will finish at 8.30am tomorrow morning, of 0.6V/cm for 2hrs with a 5 second switch interval.

We will hopefully have the new ladder tomorrow, so we can modify our new gel according to the results we get when the run finishes tomorrow and use the new ladder!

See you all tomorrow 🙂